The Timekeeper needs a Web Developer (UX/UI Designer) like YOU!
Are you passionate about social change? Are you an implementer who gets things done? Do you want to use your skills for good? Are you looking to get hands-on experience and grow personally? If you answered yes to the above questions, this is an opportunity for you!
About The Timekeeper:
The Timekeeper is an early stage start-up on a mission to disrupt the retail industry and reshape the conversation we have about time and mental health. We sell watches that start a conversation about time and mental health. 100% of profits from every watch purchased funds mental health support for young people in need. We share people’s personal stories to breakdown stigma and celebrate vulnerability. Our objective is to build a powerful brand, connected community and sustainable enterprise.
This is an opportunity to personally grow and utilise your creative skills for good. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about web design, marketing and graphic design. You will work directly alongside the CEO and be involved in optimising the e-commerce website and deliver a digital experience our customers love utilising data insights. You will be involved in managing company branding and guidelines. The environment will be supportive and inclusive to support you to be your very best. If you’re ready to share your ideas on what makes for a strong brand experience and execute them - this role is for you!
- Be involved in optimising our eCommerce website design and overall UX and User journey
- Assist in analysing customer data and identifying behaviour patterns to help define targeting and messaging
- Select colours, images, text style, and layout for branding guidelines and compliance branding
- Assist in the creation of digital collateral and print media
- Assist with photoshoots and content creation
- Assist in the creation of fortnightly EDM newsletters
- Assist in the design of new products and packaging utilising customer insights
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite applications CC - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier, Acrobat
- Digital copywriting and proofreading flare
- SEO (basic understanding of how it impacts content development)
- An entrepreneurial mindset with an ability to think outside the box
- A dual-minded approach: you’re highly creative and have an ability to deliver innovative and original solutions, but can also be process-driven, think scale, and use both data and intuition to inform decisions
- Great attention to detail and a good eye for simple, clean design
- Self-motivation, and an ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Effective time management and an ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
Other desirable attributes:
- Experience with Shopify front end
- Previous Graphic Design experience in eCommerce/Web/EDM/Print - ideally in fashion/retail
- Agency design experience
- Experience with Commission Factory Stock Ads
- Experience with MailChimp
- Photography experience
- Videography and video editing skills
- Access to/ownership of a DSLR Camera
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and formatting
Please send a portfolio of work
- This is an unpaid internship with a minimum expectation of 15 hours per week.
- The internship is designed with you in mind to provide you the invaluable practical experience you need to grow and develop.
- The duration is 3 months (with the potential to move into a future paid position)
- Start date and days per week to be discussed and agreed to. Meetings will be held in the Melbourne CBD or via Zoom depending on team availability.
- You will need to bring your own laptop and/or devices.
- Out of pocket business expenses will be covered.
Please email email@example.com
with the subject headline “Web Developer (UX/UI Design) Intern Application - [First Name Last Name]", and attach your resume, cover letter and answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to join The Timekeeper team?
- What do you think is the recipe for a great social enterprise start-up?
- What skills and value could you bring to The Timekeeper?
- What is your time commitment (hours per week)?
- How would you spend your first 30 days?
- What’s in it for you? Name your wants and expectations.
Applications close Sunday 30th September 2018 or when role is filled