The Timekeeper needs a Social Media guru like YOU!
Are you passionate about social change? Are you an implementer who gets things done? Do you want to use your skills for good? Do you want to get hands-on experience and grow personally? If you answered yes to the above questions, this is an opportunity for you!
About The Timekeeper:
The Timekeeper is an early stage start-up on a mission to disrupt the retail industry and reshape the conversation we have about time and mental health. We sell watches that start a conversation about time and mental health. 100% of profits from every watch purchased funds mental health support for young people in need. We share people’s personal stories to breakdown stigma and celebrate vulnerability. Our objective is to build a powerful brand, connected community and sustainable enterprise.
This is an opportunity to personally grow and utilise your creative skills for good. We are looking for an individual with a passion for social media, graphic design, and digital content. You will work directly alongside the CEO and be involved in executing visual content and marketing campaigns across our channels. The environment will be supportive and inclusive to support you to be your very best. If you’re ready to share your ideas on what makes for strong online brand and execute them - this role is for you!
- Assist in the development of a social media/editorial calendar
- Source and create social media content for review
- Assist with photoshoots and content creation
- Assist with the development of written content and copy
- Develop mood boards on Pinterest
- Interact with customers, social media influencers and brand ambassadors
- Assist in the creation of fortnightly EDM newsletters
- Measure and report performance of content across channels (e.g. EDM open rates, campaign ROI, social engagement and growth)
-A passion for social media post design image and video
-Digital copywriting and proofing flare
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite applications CC - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier, Acrobat
- A dual-minded approach: you’re highly creative and have an ability to deliver innovative and original solutions, but can also be process-driven, think scale, and use both data and intuition to inform decisions
- Great attention to detail and a good eye for simple, clean design
- Self-motivation, and an ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Effective time management and an ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
Other desirable attributes:
- Previous Marketing, PR or Graphic Design experience - ideally in fashion/retail
- Photography experience
- Experience in creating viral content and growing brands
- Videography and video editing skills
- Access to/ownership of a DSLR Camera
- Experience with MailChimp
- SEO (basic understanding of how it impacts content development)
- An entrepreneurial mindset with an ability to think outside the box
- Experience with Shopify front end
- Basic HTML and CSS skills
- UX/UI design skills
- Experience with Commission Factory Stock Ads
This is an unpaid internship with a minimum expectation of 15 hours per week.
- The internship is designed with you in mind to provide you the invaluable practical experience you need to grow and develop.
- The duration is 3 months (with the potential to move into a future paid position)
- Start date and days per week to be discussed and agreed to. Meetings will be held in the Melbourne CBD or via Zoom depending on team availability.
- You will need to bring your own laptop and/or devices.
- Out of pocket business expenses will be covered.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject headline “Social Media & Marketing Intern Application - [First Name Last Name]", and attach your resume, cover letter and answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to join The Timekeeper team?
- What do you think is the recipe for a great social enterprise start-up?
- What skills and value could you bring to The Timekeeper?
- What is your time commitment (hours per week)?
- How would you spend your first 30 days?
- What’s in it for you? Name your wants and expectations.
Applications close Sunday 30th September 2018 or when role is filled