The Timekeeper needs a Photographer / Videographer like YOU!
Are you passionate about social change? Are you an implementer who gets things done? Do you want to use your skills for good? Are you looking to get hands-on experience and grow personally? If you answered yes to the above questions, this is an opportunity for you!
About The Timekeeper:
The Timekeeper is an early stage start-up on a mission to disrupt the retail industry and reshape the conversation we have about time and mental health. We sell watches that start a conversation about time and mental health. 100% of profits from every watch purchased funds mental health support for young people in need. We share people’s personal stories to breakdown stigma and celebrate vulnerability. Our objective is to build a powerful brand, connected community and sustainable enterprise.
This is an opportunity to personally grow and utilise your creative skills for good. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about photography, videography and ideally graphic / web design. You will work directly alongside the CEO and be involved in creating thoughtful and powerful brand collateral to spread The Timekeeper's mission across social media and the web. You will be involved in managing company branding and guidelines. The environment will be supportive and inclusive to support you to be your very best. If you’re ready to share your ideas on what makes for strong visual content and execute them - this role is for you!
- Assist with photoshoots and content creation
- Assist with the development and execution of brand videos to spread The Timekeeper's mission: to help people live in the present and be intentional with their time to lead more empowered lives
- Support the telling of The Timekeeper Ambassador Stories of Time via photography and filming
- Develop mood boards on Pinterest
- Assist in the creation of digital collateral
- Assist in the creation of fortnightly EDM newsletters
- Videography and video editing skills
- Access to/ownership of a DSLR Camera
- Passion for social media post design of image and video
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite applications CC - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier, Acrobat
- A dual-minded approach: you’re highly creative and have an ability to deliver innovative and original solutions, but can also be process-driven, think scale, and use both data and intuition to inform decisions
- Great attention to detail and a good eye for simple, clean design
- Self-motivation, and an ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Effective time management and an ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
Other desirable attributes:
- Product styling and photography experience suitable for online and in-store brands
- Experience in creating viral content and growing brands
- Previous Marketing, PR or Graphic Design experience - ideally in fashion/retail
- Digital copywriting flare and proofing experience
- Experience with MailChimp
- An entrepreneurial mindset with an ability to think outside the box
- Experience with Shopify front end
- Experience with Commission Factory Stock Ads
- Basic HTML and CSS skills
- UX/UI design skills
Please send a portfolio of work
- This is an unpaid internship with a minimum expectation of 15 hours per week.
- The internship is designed with you in mind to provide you the invaluable practical experience you need to grow and develop.
- The duration is 3 months (with the potential to move into a future paid position).
- Start date and days per week to be discussed and agreed to. Meetings will be held in the Melbourne CBD or via Zoom depending on team availability.
- You will need to bring your own laptop and/or devices.
- Out of pocket business expenses will be covered.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject headline “Photography / Videography Intern Application - [First Name Last Name]", and attach your resume, cover letter and answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to join The Timekeeper team?
- What do you think is the recipe for a great social enterprise start-up?
- What skills and value could you bring to The Timekeeper?
- What is your time commitment (hours per week)?
- How would you spend your first 30 days?
- What’s in it for you? Name your wants and expectations.
Applications close Sunday 30th September 2018 or when role is filled